Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > 32GB Internal Drives and insufficient s...
32GB Internal Drives and insufficient storage space

1343 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2019-09-13 06:54:48

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2019-09-10 18:25:52
      Sooner or later I'm not sure you can get around adding another 32 gb external memory to fit BMW updates , but I think maybe before downloading  these new huge updates when they become available, back up the old version car apps to a USB thumb drive , safely unmount the USB drive, then Delete BMW, MINI, Rolls Royce , SMART, etc relating to BMW, then redownload those car apps in their updated forms, because The space issue might be because  the old versions have not been removed beforehand  to make the necessary space for the new downloaded software to fit before it can be installed and overwrite the old versions taking up a lot of the internal drive space.  

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2019-09-13 06:54:48 (Reply to:witsend)

I'm pleased that Autel must be quietly starting to phase in battery and storage upgrade on the newer Elites When checking where the slot for the micro SD card is at I discovered my new Maxi Sys Elite actually has a larger capacity that reads 15400 mah  inside where the specs list as a 13600 mah battery. (Zoom in on the picture)
     Not so pleased I was unable to  back up the scanfolder to a 32GB USB thumb drive after updating System Version to V3.65 and the LIB Com,
    I was really happy ES Explorer , SD analyst showed the internal storage size to be 53.15GB, (instead of the listed 32GB). It showed  36 GB of available space before I did the 40 updates, and 17 Gb used so I don't think I need to worry about  adding a micro SD card for awhile to fit the BMW updates for awhile.

https://www.autel.com/autelcms/Automotive%20Diagnostic%20&%20Analys/545.jhtml
  Total1 Pages